4601 47th Street, NW
Listed in the 1897 brochure as the residence of James L. Giles, the house was built by his brother T. J. Giles. James was a mounted policeman in Tenleytown and seems to have been involved with the construction of several houses, mostly east of Wisconsin Avenue.
T(homas) Giles was a carpenter, builder, and promoter of growth in Tenleytown. He maintained offices in the city and in Tenleytown.
According to Judith Helm in Tenleytown, DC: Country Village into City Neighborhood, p. 148, T. J. Giles was the first certified local realtor and had a sign outside his Tenleytown office saying “We Sell the Earth.”